The Queensland Hearing Voices Community is pleased to announce the second of three workshops funded by the QLD Mental Health Commission (QMHC) Community Awareness Initiative and supported by Aftercare.
The second workshop ‘Understanding & Working With People Who Hear Voices’ is a 3 day workshop that will be held on Monday 28th, Tuesday 29th and Wed 30th of September 2015, at the Merthyr Road Uniting Church at New Farm.
The training will be facilitated by Amanda Waegeli and Ros Thomas. Amanda is a Peer Specialist and Independent Mental HealthRecovery Consultant who has gained mastery over her experience of voice hearing through Hearing Voices Groups and the Hearing Voices Approach. Ros is a mental health worker, who has worked for the last 20 years in non-clinical service provision. Both facilitators are highly regarded and well respected within the Hearing Voices Movement and will bring a wealth of knowledge to our workshop.
This innovative 3 day workshop looks both at the theory and practice of working with and talking to voices.
At the end of the 3 days all participants will have:
- An understanding of hearing voices
- Been introduced to developing Coping Strategies
- Been introduced to the Maastricht Interview
- The confidence to use the Victim to Victor Workbook
- Been introduced to Voice Profiling
- Been introduced to Voice Dialoguing
- Developed confidence and awareness in working with voices
- Developed a Toolkit for working with clients’ voices
Places are limited and participants are expected to attend all 3 days. Please see the attached flyer and registration form for further details.
It would be appreciated if you would circulate the details throughout your networks.
Please see below for more information and registration form.
Look forward to seeing you there.